Make a Search here...

How to protect my computer from virus or any related infectious files?

I have been asking this question for a lot of times in my own self. Now that I found an answer, I just wanted to share it to you. First of all, I wanted you to know that my Operating System or OS is a Windows XP Professional, so if you have OS different from mine, you can still do this but maybe not fully functional at yours.
Here are the following steps that I did: 
  • Disable the autoplay function of your computer. Autoplay play function is not necessary to all but for most new users of computer, autoplay can stand a big role at their stage. Autoplay function simply play the contents of any removable drive's content like movies, installers and even virus. I will not explain it thoroughly but I will make a post about autoplay function in a few days. Once autoplay function has been disabled, there are no way that virus can automatically play when you insert removable drive and other media in your computer where virus resides. 
  • Open your drives safely. To open your drive safely not means you need a tools or any software to do it. You will simply do it in a proper way which I have been doing for a long time and here it is:
Press the Win+E in your keyboard. Win key is located between Ctrl and Alt button in your keyboard, so hope you don't get confused with it.
As a new "My Computer" window will open, you will notice in the left pane of the window you'll find a folder view which includes your Drives. In that location, you will only click the folder and drive on that side (left) and view the content at the right side. Hope you get it. I will add an image on it soon to make it more clear.
  • Update you anti-virus. It's a necessary task of every computer users to update your antivirus from time to time. There's no antivirus that is perfect. I use nod32 antivirus that I think a good one to protect my computer. I don't use a lot of antivirus and try them all out. They are all the same which have it's disadvantages and advantages. Nod32 allows you to submitt a suspicious files in their laboratory and let them give you an answer after 3-4 days. That's what I like about nod32 and it's light and don't eat a lot of memory in my computer. Most antivirus also made a feature like nod32 has and it's a good thing for everybody. Remember, update your antivirus regularly.
It's not all, there are still lot of option to protect your computer. Now, I am going to work, I will add it up soon to make your computer more secure. Hope this helps. 

If you found my blog to be useful, you can received my latest post through your email..

Enter your email address:

0 Comments: